Finding a site to meet your objectives
Finding the right site has a profound impact on your profits, but in some markets, the perfect location is very difficult to find. At Bradley/X Ventures, our first objective is to make the process stress-free and productive for our clients. We invest the time to learn about your long- and short-term objectives, site requirements, and overall market strategies. We utilize that information, harness our experience and creativity and set to work to identify best-suited sites. In addition, we work to our clients’ timelines and with their preferred vendors as desired; we also adopt our clients’ reporting formats in order to align with their internal operations.
Long-term experience and market knowledge
We have the resources to aid clients in establishing a site strategy for an entire trade area or for that perfect single site. Because of our long-term experience and exceptional market knowledge, we are also adept in assisting our clients with negotiating the lowest lease rates for base term as well as renewals and expansions—and purchase price if applicable. Further, when a site no longer meets a client’s requirements, we utilize that market knowledge to successfully guide them through the real estate divestiture process.
Why should Bradley/X Ventures be your Retail Site Rep?
Bradley/X Ventures is composed of experienced and multi-faceted individuals who work together to optimize results for clients throughout the retail site-selection process. Our team possesses a depth of experience and backgrounds which help them to not only quickly understand a client’s requirements but also to very effectively work with them to create a solid strategy to deliver the ideal outcome. That experience includes the following:
- Extensive demographic and site analysis, market segmentation and competitor examination
- Development of solid site plans; assistance with planning commission and other required municipal approvals
- Leverage of our relationships with landlords, brokers, developers, and other tenants to ensure we include all relevant listed and off-market opportunities
- Past restaurant ownership and hands-on operations
- Past experience at REIT giant General Growth Properties
- Past senior position at a 300-unit franchisor
- Retail development and leasing (on both landlord and broker sides of deals)
- Real estate management for McDonald’s, Tim Horton’s, and many others
- Well-executed site representation assignments completed for a wide variety of retailers from big boxes to boutique retailers to restaurants, including franchisees
Important site-selection services for franchisors
Franchisors have a special challenge with site selection because their concern is that sites are selected based on “ideal site” criteria, while some franchisees, without expert guidance, select sites based on:
- Lowest cost
- Nearest to their home
- Other considerations which are emotional rather than business-based
Failed sites are ultimately more expensive to the franchisor than the franchisee because they may damage the brand image and slow franchise growth. The solution is to engage Bradley/X Ventures to work with your franchisees to find the most profitable sites in the right areas at the best possible price and terms. We take the time to:
- Understand the site characteristics of your ideal location
- Analyze the target market to identify all qualifying sites Find sites that are open and obvious, but oftentimes we have to employ alternative tactics to find or create those sites
- Identify the prices or lease rates of comparable properties to help negotiate the best price and terms for your franchisee
- When appropriate, help the franchisee identify architects, engineers, etc. as needed to complete a project
- Help the franchisee secure the necessary zoning approvals if required
- Help the franchisee secure the necessary site information for franchisor approval
At Bradley/X Ventures, we know that our long-term relationships with franchisors depend upon our continuing to deliver exceptional sites for their franchisees.
Testimonials you can get behind
“Bill is a trusted part of our team. Running restaurants is a time-consuming passion of ours, and when we need Bill for a real estate deal, he understands our brief, oftentimes fast-paced meetings. He rolls up his sleeves and even goes into our corporate office digging through boxes to get the paperwork he needs to satisfy the title company and our lawyers, so we can focus on our primary work.”
–Tommy Brann, President, Brann’s Restaurants
“Our firm has worked with the Bradley/X Ventures team on several occasions in representing mutual clients. We have been impressed not only with their professional and diligent efforts on behalf of their clients, but also with respect to their solution-oriented approach to completing transactions for the mutual benefit of the parties involved.”
–Duba & Duba PLLC
“We have enjoyed a number of successes which can be attributed to the communication, dedication and honest dialogue which has been established between you and the Spartan Team. I would feel confident recommending your services to anyone in need of a commercial real estate professional.”
– David J. Belock, Jr., VP Real Estate, Spartan Stores
“Home Depot is very pleased with the reception it received by customers in the Muskegon area. We chose Muskegon Crossing because it seemed to be the ideal site to cover the entire market and to be the most accessible to the largest number of shoppers. Not only has this proven to be the case, but store performance has exceeded our expectations and our sales forecast.”
–Tim Platt, Real Estate Manager, Home Depot
“The UPS Store has experienced rapid growth in our customer counts, seeing a steady 22 percent increase per month [five-month snapshot]. We survey a number of customers entering our stores, asking why or how they found us. Their response, almost always, has been drive-by visibility. We are very pleased with our location and support we received from Bradley/X Ventures. We are planning on looking forward to continued growth and future development in the Muskegon Crossings retail center.”
–Brian McKeown, President, The UPS Store
Multiply the effectiveness of your inside team
Bradley/X Ventures offers a tailored and very effective approach to address both corporate and franchised retail real estate needs which can truly serve as an economical extension of your in-house real estate department. When we are the exclusive retail representative for a restaurant or retailer, we can provide a standard of service and an investment of time an unaffiliated broker cannot afford to do.
- All sites are presented in exactly the same report format designed to highlight our clients’ key requirements.
- No repeat instructions are necessary as might be required if different brokers were involved in various sites.
- Hold us accountable!
We know our ongoing client relationships depend on our ability to deliver very profitable real estate solutions time and time again. We report to our clients in whatever format and frequency preferred.
- For franchisor clients, uniformity of services are especially important to ensure new franchisees select profitable sites at the best possible terms and rates. Our site evaluation reports are critical in a franchisor’s site-approval process.
Bradley/X Ventures doesn’t accept assignments from competing clients. Click on the following tab for a partial list of the wide variety of retailers and restaurants for whom we have successfully found or disposed of sites through the years. That experience makes us an excellent choice to represent you today.
We deliver results
Some of our past clients and customers include:
- Ace Hardware
- Gander Mountain
- Chemical Bank
- Biggby Coffee
- Gordon Food Service
- Hobby Lobby
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Lake Trust Credit Union
- Marathon Gas
- Rite Aid
- RX Optical
- Shell Gas
- West Marine
- Big Boy
- Home Depot
- Steak & Shake
- Ruth’s Chris
- Atlanta Bread
- Advanced Auto Parts
- Spartan Stores
- Allstate Insurance
- Fashion Bug
- Family Farm & Home
- Dollar Tree
- Macatawa Bank
- Sherman Williams
- Brann’s Restaurant & Grille
- GR Teacher’s Credit Union
- Sleep Doctor Mattress
- National Amusements (Viacom)
- Panera Bread
- Jet’s Pizza
- Papa Murphy
- Dairy Queen
- Fitness 19
- Bistro Bella Vita
- Fifth Third Bank
- Coldstone Creamery
- Edward Jones
- Family Dollar
- Panopoulos Salons
- Hungry Howie
- Great Clips
- Anytime Fitness
- O’Leary Paint
- H&R Block
- Dollar General
- Firehouse Subs
Complete list upon request.